Thursday, June 17, 2010
the back story
let's back track a bit. The reason I'm sorting my books is that we remodeled my house not quite two years ago, at the same time I was recovering from pnuemonia so I wasn't in any condition to help with the packing and moving of books, furniture, etc. so it was done by others. After the remodel was done my sisters moved inand brought all their stuff with them. To make a very long story shorter, my things were packed up at the back of the garage behind all the other things that couldn't fit in the house and got stored in the garage. Now, my brother is moving in and bringing his stuff as well so to make room he's reorganizing the garage and I'm finally able to get my things out. When my sisters moved in, I switched rooms because she's married and I'm not and my old room was bigger than the one I have now. So I had a lot of books, literally thousands, and a lot of them were in boxes because I didn't have space in the old room and I now have even less space. Add to that, my old room had built in bookshelves which I no longer have and can see why I'm having a problem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Charity organizations such as Goodwill, will often come to your home to pick up such donations. I myself would stack them up in the neighbor's vacant lot, set fire to them and then dance around them naked on the solstice or equinox whichever one felt right. Don’t take me wrong, I love books, cherish them, but rarely do I go back and read them more than two or three times, It’s a serious case of compulsive hoarding disease in my case, “I just can’t throw this away, now can I?” Good books,which cost a lot of money, that were hard to find are almost impossible for me to part with, I empathize with you so much. Good Luck.
ReplyDeleteWow, you seem to be staying pretty busy! i know what it is like haveing family staying with you and the ability not to find what you want , or just a matter of find ing a place for it! I would just hang on to the books and one day you might have that place of your own, or a family of your own and they might want to read your books!
ReplyDelete