Friday, July 16, 2010
good news/bad news
This week has been somewhat - problematic. The good news is that both of my computers that died are back from being repaired and I can stop using this loaner that I've been on since the week before last terms finals. When I first saw I had "ahh isn't that acute little toy" moment and it was for a while. Mainly because by the time I got the thing my systems had been done for 4 days and I had a final to take within 3 days and was started to get a little desparate for a replacement. The problem was that as time went on and I used ot more and more the drawbacks to the little toy became clearer. First , it really was a toy. It had very limited memory or hard drive space. Loading office 2007 on it pretty much put it at maximum capacity, and as time went out it locked up more and more often. Usually it worked alright during seminar - except this week. This week it wouldn't cooperate at all. It locked up and crashed 3 times during seminar. Each time requiring a system reboot. I think I got about 10 minutes total of class time this week. It totally sucked. That was the bad news. Hopefully before next seminar I will have set up and tested my repaired system and it's backup and the toy can be regulated to something the kids can use to play games and surf the net.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bontivia,
ReplyDeleteI know what its like to have computer issues. In my class last semester, I had just completed a project that had taken me over two hours to complete. Before I had the chance to hit safe my computer decided to crash. Oh, and I only had an hour left before the deadline. Talk about totally spazzing out! But, got it done - not as great as the first draft, but done none the less.
Hope this week is better for you.
I hope you are able to get your computer problems fixrd. I think I would be lost with out my computer and my laptop!
ReplyDelete