Saturday, July 3, 2010
what's happening now
Well, BooksforPeople, finally took the lat of the books away yesterday. They gave me a receipt for my donation - estimated 8000 books. Between what I gave them and what I gave away 2 years ago to the Dorothy Brown Schools, I estimated I gave away about 15,000 books to charity. I hope they go to someone who will appreciate them I know I did, mostly. Now all that's left is to unpack the boxes of books that I kept and shelve them, hopefully is some kind of organized fashion so I can find things when I want them. I also pretty sure that I lost about quite a few books that I wanted to keep - at least 4 boxes of books were damaged while they were in the garage. The books were in pieces and had to be thrown away. I hate that. So along with sorting through what I kept, I need to track what's missing that I wanted and start looking to replace them if possible some may be out of print. But we shall see what happens there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW! Bontivia, The fact that you have had so many books to give away to charity tells me that you are a fanatical about reading lol. Anyway I thin that it is really generous of you to donate so many books, While i think most Americans take books for granted, there are people around the world that would kill for a book. I wish that the world would have more people like you.
ReplyDelete